I stayed at the Ramada located at 8037 Black Horse Pike, in Atlantic City, NJ on August 31st 2015, and was utterly appalled by the condition.We entered our room to find a strange odor, and the light outside the bathroom was flickering like something out of a horror movie.
I could hear the wires crackling and there was a rust colored stain (probably water damage) very close to the light. It sounded like a fire waiting to happen. On top of this, the room had NO smoke detector, just the spot where it had clearly been removed from the wall. Upon calling the front desk to complain, they initially tried to tell us that all of the rooms had this problem.
It was only after pressing on our part that we were given a new room. The second room also had very obvious water damage.
The lack of a smoke detector makes it illegal to rent that room, and yet they did so anyway, along with the dangerous situation regarding the lighting.This is unacceptable on multiple levels, and I will be contacting their headquarters.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Missing smoke detector, dangerous wiring problem
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Ramada Worldwide Hotel Accommodation
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Text of my Better Business Bureao complaint follows: Travelocity claims that this hotel normally charges $97/night for a room. Travelocity charged me $58/night. As you can see, their normal..."
- "This is the worst hotel I have stayed in. *** stains on the sheets in the middle and near the top of the bed. The cord in the room for..."
- "When the room was booked the informant at the desk said that full amenities were available icludint the pool and hot tub. While the pool and hot tub look fine..."
- "I was contacted by phone from an independent Century Link Representative wanting to know who my current carrier was and what I was paying for my plan. I told him..."
- "NOW OUT OF BUSINESS AND HAS FILED BANKRUPTCY TO GET OUT OF ANY PAYMENTS OR STUFF HE STOLE FROM CUSTOMER VEHICLES. THIS MAN IS A SCAM ARTIST, A CHEAT AND..."
- "We rented from Avis-Budget in Israel and had the worst experience of our lives. The car was delivered to us in a dark garage. When I arrived to pick up..."
- "My Name is Maryann I am a real person. I am hear to defend Johnny The Healer! After seeing these horrible lies about Johnny the Healer i had to..."
- "These types of operations routinely make unsubstantiated demands. They don't even know if it's the right person or if they even owe money. This office is connected to..."
- "Sold windows by a rep named Lazlo who claims he makes over 100k per year- Too much information. Upon our installation we were given entirely different storm doors than..."