I stayed at the Ramada located at 8037 Black Horse Pike, in Atlantic City, NJ on August 31st 2015, and was utterly appalled by the condition.We entered our room to find a strange odor, and the light outside the bathroom was flickering like something out of a horror movie.
I could hear the wires crackling and there was a rust colored stain (probably water damage) very close to the light. It sounded like a fire waiting to happen. On top of this, the room had NO smoke detector, just the spot where it had clearly been removed from the wall. Upon calling the front desk to complain, they initially tried to tell us that all of the rooms had this problem.
It was only after pressing on our part that we were given a new room. The second room also had very obvious water damage.
The lack of a smoke detector makes it illegal to rent that room, and yet they did so anyway, along with the dangerous situation regarding the lighting.This is unacceptable on multiple levels, and I will be contacting their headquarters.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Missing smoke detector, dangerous wiring problem
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Ramada Worldwide Hotel Accommodation
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On 10/11/14, my husband I purchased tickets for Universal Studios from Bluegreen during our third stay at The Fountains resort in Orlando, our fifth stay with Bluegreen. On 10/12/14, we..."
- "We were scammed at the airport to come and visit Pueblo Bonito for a day. We were shown the high price Monte Cristo estates. We were then told no more..."
- "This has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. If I had not booked it through Price line, and could have gotten my money back I would..."
- "My Name is Maryann I am a real person. I am hear to defend Johnny The Healer! After seeing these horrible lies about Johnny the Healer i had to..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."
- "I started with 30 boxes of the Tarkett coco berry flooring. I was to be covering approximately 500 square foot, upon opening I noticed a lot of..."
- "I signed with Verizon because of their reputation and their service. Then I was abruptly shoved over to Frontier, who doesn't give me the 75/75 internet service and I have..."
- "Hello my name is Pamela Kyriakides, our mortgage company made everything so easy and fast i could not believe it. Not one glich or hiccup. Just..."